The content of your website: Use summaries where possible
People love lists – when they are not too long.
Numbered summaries are ideal for lists that are complete and have to be followed in a particular order, f.i. checklists.
Summaries using bullets are also effective.
- Start with the longest item, or – even better, make the most important
piece of information a bit longer and put it first.
- The first item is the most important one.
- Summaries are easy to scan.
- Summaries that are too long are counterproductive, 3 to 5 items are ideal.
- 7 items is risky, rather keep it short.
Next blog post: the content of your website: relevant titles and subtitles