Set up navigation according to the structure of your website
A well thought-through structure automatically guarantees clear navigation and sound menu classification.
- Keep it simple for visitors and make menu item names short and logical. Search engines will also appreciate this.
- Invoke trust by following internet conventions as effectively as possible, even though they are not set in stone.
- ‘Homepage’ at the start of the menu, ‘Contact’ at the end
- At the top: the most important navigation items (main menu).
- Left: the secondary navigation items (sub-menus).
- At the bottom: necessary but rarely consulted items (privacy, general terms and conditions, code of conduct).
Next blog post: structure of your website: internal links